Weeks 1-6: 3 times each day
Weeks 7-12: 2 times each day
Weeks 13-26: 1 time each day
- ANKLE PUMPS – Bend your knees up and down. Do 20 repetitions.
- QUAD SETS – Keeping your knee straight, tighten your thigh muscle by pushing the back of your knee down on the bed. Hold for a count of 5. Relax. Do 20 repetitions.
- HAMSTRING SETS – Keeping your knee straight, push your heel into the bed. Hold for a count of 5. Relax. Do 20 repetitions.
- TERMINAL KNEE EXTENSIONS – Lying on your back with a roll under your knee, so that it is slightly bent, straighten your knee and hold for a count of 5. Relax. Do not lift your leg off the roll. Do 20 repetitions.
- GLUTEAL SETS – Either lying flat on your back or sitting, squeeze your buttocks together and hold for a count of 5. Relax. Do 20 repetitions.
- HIP ABDUCTIONS – Lying flat on your back, have someone slide your leg out to the side, keeping your knee straight and toes pointed up toward the ceiling. Then let them bring your leg back in. DO 10 repetitions.
- KNEE FLEXION – Sitting in a chair leaning against the backrest, bend your knee on the operative side and slide your foot as far back under the chair as possible. DO NOT LEAN FORWARD while performing this exercise.