Lakewood Orthopedics – Professional, Personable, Caring
We understand that choosing an orthopedist can be an overwhelming task. Our goal at Lakewood Orthopedics is to help you make your decision more easily and confidently. We do this by listening carefully to your concerns, by explaining very carefully your possible treatment options, and by clearly answering your questions.
Whether you are seeking a second opinion or are just beginning to search for answers to your unique physical problems or concerns, we at Lakewood are committed to providing each and every one of our clients with the most caring as well as the most up to date orthopedic treatment available.
When searching for an orthopedic specialist, you should consider:
- Is the clinic conveniently located and easily accessible?
- How soon can I see a doctor?
- If surgery is required, where will it take place; if at a hospital, how is this hospital rated?
- Is the office staff pleasant and accomodating; how long a wait time is normal?
- How much experience does this doctor have?
- Has this doctor ever had sanctions or board actions?
- Does this doctor fully explain and diagram the recommended treatment?
- Does this doctor have knowledge of and explain recovery times and physical therapy?
- Will this doctor, rather than his assistant be there to monitor progress after surgery?
- Will I be able to reach this doctor if needed after surgery if I have questions or complications?
- Does this doctor consider the whole person (history, lifestyle, overall health, etc.)?
Of course you will want to discuss insurance matters, billing, payment, etc. with the office staff. Expect to find staff who readily and politely answer your questions as well as provide you with written information regarding these issues.